The Investigation Team has:
- interviewed dozens of witnesses, including victims, Oxford Community Schools officials, teachers, and staff, concerned parents, students, and community members, and outside parties;
- conducted an onsite physical security survey of the high school campus, including the perimeter, classroom and office door locking hardware, access-controlled doors, and the electronic security systems;
- reviewed thousands of relevant documents, including school policies and procedures related to security, emergency protocols, and student behavior/threat assessments, the Oxford Community Schools Three-Year Recovery Plan, and materials relating to the shooting, the shooter, and the Oxford Community Schools’ actions or inactions related to the shooter and the shooting;
- attended School Board and Townhall meetings;
- conducted research of public/open-source materials, including social and other digital media; and
- communicated with law enforcement and other outside parties to obtain materials relevant to the Investigation.
In the coming days and weeks, the Investigative Team will continue making efforts to obtain cooperation and information and materials from each witness whom the Investigative Team believes may possess relevant information about the shooting, the shooter, and the Oxford Community Schools’ actions or inactions related to the shooter and the shooting.